Nicolas Fructus graduated from the Emile Cohl School.
He has been working in fantastic illustration for more than twenty-five years.
He has created illustrated books with literary authors.
He has carried out research and done graphic design for:
- Movies (trilogy Arthur et les Minimoys byLuc Besson
- Video games (Ubisoft, Quantic Dream, Arxel Tribe),
- Comic books (Thorinth by Humanoïdes Associés, Showman Killer with Jodorowsky by Delcourt),
- board games,
- card games,
- role playing games (Timeline, Zombicide, Takenoko, The Others, Cadwallon, Wasteland, Chroniques des Féals).
Nicolas’ main drive is to graphically create fantastic worlds and their mechanics, which he
does alone or in collaboration with other authors. This has naturally led him to tackle Lovecraft’s
universe. So far, he has done it on three books:
- Kadath, le Guide de la Cité Inconnue published by Mnemos with Mélanie Fazy, David Camus, Laurent Poujois, Raphaël Granier de Cassagnac,
- Gotland, by Belial with Thomas Day,
- La Quête Onirique de Vellitt Boe by Belial with Kij Johnson.